- Improved design obsoletes moving canisters and minimizes moving parts.
- Continuous batch drying process.
- -40° dew point air is constantly bled into vacuum and retention hoppers.
- Vertical design minimizes footprint.
- No heat loss is guaranteed with 4″ double-insulation on all vessels.
- Reduced Maintenance – no desiccant to change – no filters to clean.
- Faster drying improves production planning.
- “No stress” material drying – means no material degradation.
- Process temperatures up to 350°F. (175°C)
- Vacuum take-off or gravity feed material discharge available.
- Backed by same 5-year warranty as all Maguire products.
|VBD-1000 installed on mezzanine|
|How the VBD-1000 Dryer Works:
VBD Vacuum Dryers utilize a 3-stage continuous batch drying process
Material in the heating hopper is brought to set point by means of a centrifugal blower through a 40 Kw heating element. The requested heating temperature is adjusted on the control panel and the cycle lasts 45 minutes (60 minutes for PET).
Upon reaching the desired set point, heated material is discharged from the heating hopper into the vacuum vessel. The vacuum is brought to 75mm Hg absolute pressure and held to a 20mm Hg differential for the set cycle time. The vacuum cycle typically lasts for about 20 minutes so you have ready-to-process material in 65 – 80 minutes.
The dried material is discharged into an insulated retention / take-off hopper for consumption. A positive pressure heated dry air purge is maintained on the material.
Simple is better – no confusing icons – only two screens to monitor
The controller is a Motorola micro-processor
- Four buttons provide access for setting operation mode, adjusting dryer parameters and many additional program functions.
- Alarms are shown on the display and signaled by an alarm light and horn with silence function.
- Reports can be generated via a USB port to either a memory stick or printer.
- Program updates via flash memory using a standard USB memory device.
|Energy usage comparison with dual-desiccant bed dryer|
|Dual Bed Dryer vs. Maguire VBD-1000 Vacuum Dryer|
Drying 1000 lb/hr (454 kg/hour) of nylon at 170°F ( 77°C):
– Electrical consumption only
– Compressed air generation electrical requirement for 9.8 SCFM
TOTAL True Energy Consumption @ 170°F (77°C)
|VBD ENERGY SAVINGS 53%|
|Drying 1000 lb/hr (454 kg/hour) of Polycarbonate at 250°F ( 121°C):
Dual Bed VBD
|Total True Energy Consumption @ 250°F (121°C)||120.3||53.4|
|VBD ENERGY SAVINGS 56%|
Note: “compressed air generation electrical requirement” is the amount