- Improved design obsoletes moving canisters and minimizes moving parts.
- Continuous batch drying process.
- -40° dew point air is constantly bled into vacuum and retention hoppers.
- Vertical design minimizes footprint.
- No heat loss is guaranteed with double-insulation on all vessels.
- Reduced Maintenance – no desiccant to change – no filters to clean.
- Faster drying improves production planning.
- “No stress” material drying – means no material degradation.
- Process temperatures up to 350°F. (175°C)
- Vacuum take-off or gravity feed material discharge available.
- Backed by same 5-year warranty as all Maguire products.
How the VBD-150 Dryer Works: VBD Vacuum Dryers utilize a 3-stage continuous batch drying process
Material in the heating hopper is brought to set point by means of a centrifugal blower through a heating element. The requested heating temperature is adjusted on the control panel.
Upon reaching the desired set point, heated material is discharged from the heating hopper into the vacuum vessel. The vacuum is brought to 700mm Hg and held to a 20mm Hg differential for the set cycle time. The vacuum cycle typically lasts about 15 – 20 minutes so you have ready-to-process material in 30 – 40 minutes.
The dried material is discharged into an insulated retention / take-off hopper for consumption. A positive pressure heated dry air purge is maintained on the material.
Simple is better – no confusing icons – only two screens to monitor
The controller is a Motorola micro-processor
|Heating Hopper: Insulated
stainless steel hopper for
drying temperatures up to
Dry Air Membrane:
Insulated Vacuum Vessel
|Insulated Retention Hopper for
|Energy usage comparison with dual-desiccant bed dryer|
|Dual Bed Dryer vs. Maguire VBD-1000 Vacuum Dryer|
|Drying 1000 lb/hr (454 kg/hour) of nylon at 170°F ( 77°C):
– Electrical consumption only
– Compressed air generation electrical requirement for 9.8 SCFM
TOTAL True Energy Consumption @ 170°F (77°C)
|VBD ENERGY SAVINGS 53%|
|Drying 1000 lb/hr (454 kg/hour) of Polycarbonate at 250°F ( 121°C):
Dual Bed VBD
|Total True Energy Consumption @ 250°F (121°C)||120.3||53.4|
|VBD ENERGY SAVINGS 56%|
|Note: “compressed air generation electrical requirement” is the amount
of electrical energy required to make the amount of compressed air that
the unit consumes. It is based on 4 SCFM requiring 1.0 HP, and 1.0 HP
being 746 watts of power.
|Maximum Throughput||up to 150 lb./hr.||up to 68 Kg|
|Heating Hopper Volume||2 ft3 (average 76 lbs)||56 L (average. 35 Kg )|
|Vacuum Chamber Volume||1 ft3 (average 38 lbs)||28 L (average 17.3 Kg)|
|Retention Hopper Volume||1.3 ft3 (average 50 lbs)||37 L (average 22.5 Kg)|
20 amp service
20 amp service
|Process Heater||6 KW||6 KW|
|Blower||1.1 HP, 105 scfm||.82 KW, 2973 L/min|
|Compressed Air Pressure||85 psi||5.8 bar|
|Compressed Air Usage||12.5 ft3/hr.||354 L/hr|
|Product Weight||501 lb.||228 Kg|