The 100 Series Blender features an exceedingly precise Micro-Pulse™ metering device. At the heart of the Micro-Pulse™ system is a unique slide gate apparatus attached to a pneumatic cylinder with a very short (0.125 in.) stroke. The cylinder is rapidly and sequentially pulsed up to 20 times per second during dispensing of the ingredient, permitting very precise total doses. For instance, a dispense can be programmed to produce 25 on/off cycles of the cylinder, each cycle delivering about 0.1 gram of material, for a total dispense of 2.5 grams.
The machine is self-calibrating, never needs adjustment for accuracy, and achieves an overall precision of 0.1% of specified blend. Proprietary microprocessor-control technology monitors and confirms the individual weight of each material component (natural, regrind, color, and additive). Any variation that may have occurred in the actual weights of any components is detected and compensated for. This provides for a continuous process of calibration and correction, assuring extreme accuracy of the blending process. The controller also compensates for use of any previously colored regrind, reducing in accordance the amount of color to be dispensed.
Ideal for processors with frequent material change
How It Works
All components are blended by weight based on the setting shown on the master controller. Each component is dispensed separately into a single weighing chamber, and then all components are dropped into a continuous mixing chamber which delivers a homogenous blend.
The entire unit is designed to mount over the feed throat of the process machine. Maguire’s unique weighing method allows blenders to operate correctly in spite of vibration or shaking caused by the molding machine or extruder.
- All Materials Metered By Weight
- Accuracy is constantly monitored.
- Automatic compensation for varying densities.
- Extreme Accuracy
- In actual operation, color and additive is held to within 1/10 of 1% of requested ratio.
- Automatic Recalibration
- Every batch is followed by an error correction routine that continuously hunts toward perfect dispense weights.
- Direct Setting of Percentages; No calculations
- Enter settings for percentage of color, additive, and regrind on the thumbwheel switches and the system does the rest.
- Very Simple Operation
- Load hoppers with material; REGRIND, NATURAL, COLOR, ADDITIVE.
- Set thumbwheel switches for percentage desired.
- Turn controller on.
- The unit now operates automatically, adding components in the proper percentages. If material runs out an alarm will sound.
|Model||Batch Size||Components||Slide Gates||Vertical Valves||Capacity||Overall Dimensions||Overall Weight|
|SB-100||1 kg||up to 450 lb/hr||28.5×26.5×32(in)||150 lb|
|WSB-140||4||4||0||(up to 200 kg/hr)||730x670x820 (mm)||68 (kg)|